If you’re planning to spend a day or two at Six Flags amusement park in Gurnee, Illinois this summer, it’s not too late to save on your Six Flags tickets. With just a little planning ahead (like a few minutes) you can save at least $20 off the general admission price at the theme park, which includes admission to Hurricane Harbor, the huge outdoor water park at Six Flags.
There are many ways to get discounts on Six Flags tickets and even some ways to get a free ticket. For your convenience here’s a handy list of 11 Ways to Get Six Flags Tickets Discounts for 2011.
See the 2015 List of Six Flags Deals Here:
Seeing that the general admission tickets are regularly $59.99 and tickets for those 48″ and under are $39.99, it might be a good idea to check out the list. So without further delay, here are 11 ways you may be able to save on Six Flags admission:
1. Buy your ticket online from the Six Flags Great America, Chicago website. Remember, general admission Six Flags tickets are $59.99 at the park. If you buy your general admission ticket online, by using the big, green Tickets button on the upper right corner of the Six Flags website, you will get $20 off the ticket price! It’s that easy!
2. Bring a Coca-Cola can or a can from any Coke product that has a Six Flags offer on it to the Six Flags ticket booth and receive a discount.
The discount on the 2011 Coke products is for $15 off the price of general admission. I guess the hardest part about this special offer for Six Flags tickets at a discounted price, is popping in the store to buy a Coke. Hhhmm, not too hard to do for $15!
Coke, the official soft drink of Six Flags Great America if you hadn’t already guessed, also has a program called MyCokeRewards which is so interesting it deserves it’s very own post – coming soon. But with planning, persistance, and drinking a lot of Coke, of course, you earn free Six Flags tickets and “pay” with your MyCokeRewards.
3. Buy a Tony’s Pizza and save on two Six Flags tickets. All you have to do is purchase any Tony’s frozen pizza at your favorite grocery store and you can save $15 off each of two general admission tickets to Six Flags.
4. Go to the Gurnee Amusement park with a Six Flags season pass holder and save BIG or even get a FREE SIX FLAGS TICKET. You’ve heard the saying, “it pays to have friends in high places,” well this is definitely true if your friend has a season pass to Six Flags Great America in Gurnee. With their season pass, your friend got a Six Flags value book that is loaded with discounts for friends. There is a coupon for $10 off the general admission price. Then there are coupons for selected dates to bring a friend for only $10 or to bring a friend for only $15. There are several coupons to bring a friend for 1/2 price and here’s the granddaddy of them all… (drum roll please) There are four coupons for four different weeks when a Six Flags season pass holder can get their friend a FREE SIX FLAGS TICKET! The next one coming up is for August 22-26. You might want to give your friend in high places a call now.
5. Go to Six Flags in Gurnee with a group and save a lot. Groups of at least 20 can get Six Flags prepaid general admission tickets for $30.99 per ticket. That’s a $29 savings per ticket off the general admission price. All you need to do is buy Six Flags Group Rate Tickets online using the big, green Tickets button. So call up 19 friends, maybe at your work, school, religious organization, or youth group; or put together a family reunion and buy your prepaid group tickets online. Oh, and did we mention – for every 20 prepaid group tickets purchased, you’ll get an additional free ticket to Six Flags. And as always, tickets for children 2 and under are free.
6. If you’re planning on taking a mini-vacation to Gurnee, Illinois then why not get a hotel package that includes tickets to Six Flags Great America. KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort in Gurnee is the official resort of Six Flags Great America.
The KeyLime Cove Ride ‘N Slide package for 1 night (starting at $199.95) includes single day Six Flags admission tickets and $50 worth of coupons for KeyLime Cove and the Six Flags amusement park. The best thing about this package at the KeyLime Cove Indoor water park is that it rainproofs your vacation. If mother nature doesn’t cooperate at Great America then surely the 65,000 sq. ft. indoor waterpark at KeyLime Cove, as well as the arcade, six restaurants and entertainment, will keep you happy!
The brand new Springhill Marriott in Waukegan (about 3 miles from the theme park and water park in Gurnee, also has a Six Flags package. Just enter their promo code SIX when booking your room and you will get 2 free general admission tickets to Six Flags theme park in Gurnee.
Or how about Comfort Inn in Gurnee, just across the street from Six Flags? They have the Great America Play and Stay 1 Night Package. Book this hotel package and you will get 2 one-day tickets to Six Flags in Gurnee and you can purchase up to 3 additional tickets for $35 each.
7. Join the Six Flags reading Club (K-6) Read to Succeed and earn a free Six Flags ticket!
If you didn’t think recreational reading and roller coasters had anything to do with each other, then think again. K-6 students simply join Six Flags Read to Succeed, complete six hours of recreational, non-school reading, and earn admission to the Gurnee Six Flags theme park. I like to think of it as six hours for Six Flags. Oh, and teachers, if your class participates you can get a free Six Flags ticket too if your school is within 250 miles of Six Flags amusement park.
8. Use your Discover credit card and save 5% at Six Flags in Gurnee. You can use your Discover card online or at the park and save 5% off your admission ticket to Six Flags/Hurricane Harbor and anything else you by at the park. You can even get a 5% discount on Six Flags season passes with your Discover card. Now that’s simple.
9. Buy a Six Flags Season Pass in the off-season in Gurnee and get a discount. Not long after the Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor season ends in Gurnee, Illinois it’s time to start thinking about buying a season pass for the next year. You usually can get the season pass for somewhere around $10 less than the regular price. Just as a tip – it makes a nice holiday gift too and we’ve even put them in Easter baskets. And usually if you buy around 4 or more Six Flags season passes, you can get them all at discounted prices.
10. Complete a Six Flags Survey for a chance to win Six Flags tickets. This one takes a few minutes and some luck. Six Flags in Gurnee wants to hear about your last visit their amusement park, water park, and everything else. Just complete the online Six Flags Survey, and they will automatically enter you in a weekly drawing to win a pair of free tickets to the park plus their grand prize drawing for four annual passes or a $200 gift certificate from Amazon.
11. Enter a Sweepstakes at Six Flags for various Six Flags prizes. Everyone wants to join in the fun at Six Flags, so if you go to the Six Flags Sweepstakes page of their website you can enter for various sweepstakes with their partners. Right now, Dentyne has a sweepstakes for a free trip to Six Flags with front-of-the-line passes. Rayovac has a sweepstakes for a chance to win Family Fun Pack to Six Flags. We know, this requires luck, but with just a couple minutes filling out a form, who knows – someone’s got to win – right?
Feel free to comment just below and share any other ways you know to save at Six Flags theme park.
All free deals, special offers and discounts listed on this website are gathered from public sources and are not in any way affiliated with this website. Please note that offers listed cannot be combined with other discounts and promotions.